Friday, November 30, 2007

Kool- Aid dying with Miss Princess

We interrupt the frantic sweater knitting. The sleaves are blocking now. So I'm on hold until they get dry then I will sew the sweater body together, put on a collar, then make the ruffle/skirt.

Meanwhile, earlier this month my son brought my four year old granddaughter for the weekend to see grandmother. Yay! We got to try dying yarn. We used some Knitpicks yarn and her favorite flavors of Kool-Aid, pink lemonade, cherry, and grape. Grandmother managed to add a bit of lemon- lime, because lemons, cherries and grapes all have leaves. Our first try was pretty fun. I got to help just a little bit. Once I showed her what to do, Miss Princess decided she really didn't need my help much at all. I was merely allowed to moosh the yarn around for her while she squirted the dye. I was allowed to do any messy cleanup of course. Here are some progress pics.




















And now for the final results. She's pretty happy with herself. Grandmother is already supposed to be knitting her socks. They aren't getting started until after the sweater is done.








TA-DA! I'm so cute and so is my yarn!












2 comments:

fleegle said...

Both your daughter and the yarn are adorable!

And yes, those wooden thingies are from a Japanese embroidery frame. Do you do Japanese embroidery too?

Joanna said...

She's precious and the yarn is lovely too! Kool-aid dyeing is so much fun!!