Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas might be late

I got sick. In the bed sick for six days. Flu bronchitis fever. Awful. No knitting for 5 days of it. I had already frogged Lily's sweater and started over. I finally finished it except for buttons. I'll get a picture this weekend in the daylight. Plus I had promised myself to finally knit socks for my niece Lura. I'm now 10 rounds and the toe from finishing sock #2. At last. And it's the middle of the night. Taking a break and planning to finish it, go to bed then take pictures tomorrow. These things have to get mailed off to other states. I don't even have the sweater buttons to sew on yet. I dread the idea of shopping on Saturday. If Walmart has no buttons, it's a 60 mile round trip to the next store so I'll be waiting until Monday when I go to work. Hmmmm. The socks have to get washed and dry so they can't get mailed tomorrow either. It's just not fair to get sick before Christmas when it gets in the way of knitting.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I am so sorry that you are sick. This is a bad time of year to feel under the weather. I wasn't going to do any Christmas knitting but am almost done with a second scarf and hat set. I gave one away to my sister-in-law today and she loved it. I have to finish the other one by tomorrow for a work party tomorrow night. I just have the crown of the hat left. Hopefully I will have pix available on my blog soon.