Monday, November 26, 2007

Carol's birthday socks


I made socks for my friend Carol. I got them done several weeks ago, or they wouldn't be getting done at all. Her birthday is Dec 9. I'm mailing them this week to her. Another friend saw them this weekend and could not believe I was sending off anything chartreuse. It is my favorite color after all. I am resolved. They're cute socks, sport weight, soft and she'll like them I hope. I already can't remember what lacey pattern I used from SKS, but something. The yarn was from Oldfield Creek Sock & Yarn. It is 100% wool but not superwash. The tag says machine wash cold water and lay flat to dry. I used all but about 2 yards of the 246 yard (100gm) skein to fit a size 8 wide foot. These are toe up socks, magic loop on #3 Knitpicks. I did a Sherman short row heel. It is super easy to do. No wraps, no YOs. It is now my preferred short row heel to use. I got to it through Knitter's Review in a thread about a boomerang heel. I would post a link to it but have no idea how to do that or what the link to the Sherman heel is anymore.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I like them! I'm sure your friend will too.