Monday, November 26, 2007

Tiger Paws


It's been awhile. Time just gets away since I had to go back to work. Whew! I've been knitting socks. And Christmas is nearly here. HOW did that happen?


Mizzou beat KU Saturday night and about 30 minutes later I finished the 8th Tiger Paw. That is 2 for my son, 2 for his wife, 2 for his first princess and 2 for his second princess. Yay! I was getting really tired of that same yarn. Got them washed Sunday morning really early and they are about dry now. I will send them off tomorrow. Maybe the big fans will get them in time for watching Mizzou beat Oklahoma next Saturday.
All the socks are made with Claudia Handpaint sport weight yarn. I used #3 Knitpicks circular and magic loop and worked all these top down. I like how the yarn knits of course since it is Louet. No pattern, just 2x2 ribbing and plain feet. Big ones for the daddy socks, and little ones for the 2 year old. The color is Steelers, as in Pittsburg. But they have the same black and gold and the Missouri Tigers do so I thought that would work. I hope they all like their socks. Otherwise I spent a lot of time for nothing. Yikes! I started Nov 13 and finished 13 days later. Time out for work and Thanksgiving cooking of course. Drat how work gets in the way of my knitting time.
Last post I had some romantic notion of working on that fab stole. Ha! It's now buried in a knitting bag and probably won't see the light of day until mid to late January. I've already started the sweater for my 4 year old granddaughter. I have 2 weeks to get that done or it won't get to her by Christmas. I already know my niece's socks will be late. Fortunately she's old enough to be tolerant of that. So my stole and my second knitting bag, already half done, have now moved to past the back burner. Oh yes, and the 4 year old is waiting for more socks. We dyed yarn with Kool-aid together on Nov 12. As soon as the sweater is done I have to get busy on those. Will have to post pics of the dying process. She had much fun doing it.
Too many projects, too little time.

No comments: