Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Noro Bag and more



I finished another Noro bag over the weekend. Well, to be fair, there wasn't much finishing involved. Sew a bottom seam, sew on two handles and sew down a hem around the top inside. No side seams involved. I made this bag with no pattern this time. I just cast on some stitches with Noro Blossom yarn, and joined in the round. I did a few rounds, decided to increase a bit, did that, worked even awhile, then decreased some until it looked right, did a few more even rounds. Then I worked one purl round for a turning row and did about 7 more rounds even then bound off. I made two handles not so long and sewed the thing together. I had yarn left so made a rose for it just like for the last Noro bag I showed a couple of posts ago. I think it makes a gook knitting bag. It's too loose for an actual purse type bag. I knit it on #6 or 7 needles. I can't believe I already forgot. MUST write down this stuff or I forget in less than a week. Just one of the ills of aging, for anybody who is still young. I would have had to knit on #4 or 5 US needles to get the stitches tight enough to be sure things won't fall through the fabric made. Anyway I think it turned out fine and I love the colors.




I am starting my first lace stole also. I took a picture a couple of weeks ago. I've got a bit more done, but have several other things going so it's not getting that much attention on a daily basis. It's the Honeybee Stole by Anne Hanson. So far it's a fairly easy pattern and I absolutely love the Malibrigo laceweight yarn. It is very soft. VERY! It is mottledy colored orangey yellow, but the picture doesn't show the orange parts so well.




It's probably going to take me all winter to get the stole done, and anything else for that matter. I started back to work on Monday. I retired June 1 after 30 years with the government. I knew I would have to go back to work. Well, this was the week. I am now a support contractor in my previous office. I'm sort of doing the same work I did as a civil servant. I'm just not the boss now. I'm whining because it means way less time for my hobbies. And it means I have to get up at 0530 with no sleeping in until 0900 or later. No staying up really late until 0300 either anymore. I feel pitiful about that right now. I'll get used to it. I can do this for another 2-3 years. I'll have to be more dedicated when I do sit down to knit so as to get more done in less time. That's my plan anyhow. We'll see how I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bag looks great and I love how the lace shawl is coming!

Joanna said...

Congrats on starting your lace stole. I did my first one a few months back and am totally addicted. It is a lot of fun but takes a ton of time. Good luck!!