Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween






















Yay! It's Halloween. Thought I'd show a better picture of me. I actually have curly hair. Isn't it wonderful? I know, there is that wart on my nose, but it is green, my favorite color, so I still have stars in my eyes when I look at it. And my little friend froggy is hanging out with me still. He's so cute.
I made a cute Noro bag last week. It was really fast. Took 2 skeins and was all garter stitch. I had enough yarn for a longer handle, but decided I liked the short handle so just did that. It was all one piece then sewn up. See the before sewing and after pictures. Then I decided it needed a little flower on it. I put a button on the other side and made a crochet chain loop to connect the two. Now the bag has an actual closure on it.


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! That bag is fabulous! And what a clever construction! And the Noro is beautiful as always!

Joanna said...

I love that bag! The construction is so neat. Welcome to the blog world. I just got mine up about a week ago and am having so much fun. I noticed that you're from Alabama...me too.

Anonymous said...

That is a very cool bag! Thanks for sharing!

Phlel said...

I should have noted originally that there was a pattern for the bag- in the book Noro Revisited. I used it pretty much as written only shortening the handle quite a bit. There are two size bags and this is the smaller one. I added the flower which is not part of the pattern.